Wednesday, July 5, 2023

3 Haiku's For You

 


    Hey y'all welcome back, I hope all of you are well. Today I wanted to do something a bit different, change it up a bit so to speak. Recently I found a ton of my old poems that I have written throughout the years, after reading some of them I have decided that I am going to be creating a one-off poetry collection book. 

    I do not know when this will come out as I am still currently finishing up my first book, but It is for sure something all of you poetry lovers can look forward too. One big thing I have yet to decided is how to put it all together. Do I want a book of just Haiku's or a mixed bag? 

    In the mean time I have decided that I will write a few blog posts and share a few of them with you. Now I will be the first to admit these are a mixed variety, some you can tell were written in dark times and others you can tell they are about love, happiness or even music. 

    None the less I figured that this is a great way for me to share my poetry passion with all of you and maybe create a little bit of hype or build up for this book to come. I would love for you to leave a comment sharing your thoughts on the poems being shared in each post. If you think a full mental health poetry book would be cool share it, if you want a happy poem book share it, OR if you just want a whole mixed book then I am cool with that too.

    So now comes the time where I will quit rambling and share a few of these with you. I hope you like them or at least find them interesting. Have a great rest of your day/week and thank you so much for all of your support on my crazy journey. 

    - Matt 


Title- Magical Thoughts

Life is drab today

Can the sun's light cure my thoughts

Its rays are magic 


Title- Self-Worth

Our heartache lends change 

To the values in our veins

Servicing our worth 


Title-?

I'm clutching the sword 

Bestowed by my own lives strife 

Consumed by the fright


12 comments:

  1. A really cool collection of haikus here; thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Matt. Such short powerful words. I am excited to read more of your blog posts as you share them.

    Lauren - bournemouthgirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these words - very powerful & needed it this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just a few from the books I have in the works. One is all Mental health poems all full of emotion and written at different stages of my journey.

      Delete
  4. This is cool poem, short and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heartfelt & truthful, Matt! Best wishes for your forthcoming collection!

    ReplyDelete

Unleash The Power Of Words: Proven Book Marketing Tips For Authors By: Tyler W

       As an author, you've put your heart and soul into creating a book that you're proud of. But now comes the hard part: getting ...